I just want to share with you the experience with 24 PetWatch microchip/ insurance company I just had. I called 24 Pet Watch today to update my phone number on my dog microchip.

They first tried to upsell me on a membership. (Either $21.95 or $64.95 for lifetime.) They told me without paying the membership fee they will not contact me any other way than by email if my pet gets lost. I honestly thought getting the microchip tag was enough. Then they said that changing the phone number didn't matter because they only contact through email when you don't pay the membership fee.

They did not have my email address on file. My dog is now 6 years old and we've had him since he was a pup. So, If I hadn't gone to my vet to get his chip number with the scanner, called 24 PetWatch to try changing my phone number, I wouldn't have known that 24PetWatch would never contact me without an email address on file if my dog was missing. They have all my other, now incorrect contact information.

I find this to be a sham. I feel like they took my email address just to be able to up sell me pet insurance and send fear mongering literature in the future. The lady I spoke to did say they will email me stuff. So, in the end, I was NOT able/not required?

to change my phone number or emergency contact on file. They don't call anyway! I felt very frustrated by the end of the call and would not recommend this product from 24 PetWatch and it is definitely not something I would purchase again in the future. I emailed my vet about this and they called 24 PetWatch to clarify what the membership is about.

The vet had no idea you had to pay an extra yearly fee either. My vet called me back right away and thanked me for the heads up. They are looking for another company to deal with other than 24PetWatch now. I honestly thought I was covered, so did my vet!

(I am in Canada, but I know this company is in USA also. It might be worth looking into if you use their services, if this is their policy state-side also)

Product or Service Mentioned: 24petwatch Pet Insurance.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 28, 2017.

Comments